Simple Maintenance on Garage Doors
Did you know you can save money by simply doing some easy maintenance on your garage door? Otherwise, you will be stuck with repairs and replacements that could cost you more than the original problem. This is why simple maintenances are so crucial. Here is a couple you can do to prevent further damage.
- Thoroughly look over rollers and tracks, and clean them if it’s been a while since you’ve done it. Also, replace any rollers since the bearings tend to wear out after a while.
- Glance over the cables and pulleys, because any cables that appear to be frayed need to be replaced. Also, damaged pulleys will have to be replaced by professionals as well.
- You should tighten any loose screw or other bolts that might be loose in any of the sections.
- Check out the balance of the door, because when the springs wear out, this tends to overwork the motor. Springs might need replacing by a professional technician for a garage door spring repair or replacement.
- Test the auto-reverse on the door opener should be done for safety concerns. If an object or person is in the way when the garage is going down, then the auto reverse is there to send the garage door back up to prevent you from getting hurt. You might need a technician for garage door repair or replacement.
Common Garage Door Issues
Nobody likes it when their garage door malfunctions. Why not get yours checked out by our team of experts? Powell Garage Doors can help you figure out what’s wrong with your garage door. We can fix your garage door with some garage door repairs that will save you time and money in the long run. Here are a few common garage door issues that you should watch out for:
1. Frozen Shut
When the cold season comes around, you should always be prepared for your garage door to freeze to the floor. We all can do without a frozen shut garage door without also having to worry about road conditions during the cold winter months. However, we should all be prepared if a time like this does occur to you.
When you click the opener button, the icy layer could break rather easily and let the garage door open. However, on the chance that it doesn’t open, this could be more than you can deal with yourself. You should contact a professional who knows how to fix the problem without causing more damage. Continuing to press the opener button could create more damage to the garage door opener, such as the stripped gears, broken springs, or the opener’s motor could burn out.
Therefore, you should try to melt the ice with a heat gun, hair dryer, or a flat shovel. Improvising with what you can work as long as you don’t damage the garage door or the seal at the bottom.
2. Noisy and Loud Garage Doors
Is your sleep being disturbed due to your loud garage door? Loud garage doors can happen if there are other underlying issues at hand. The good news is that Powell Garage Doors can do some simple maintenance to help fix the problem for you. Sometimes the garage door might need more parts replaced to stop the loud noises. However, if your garage door is still noisy, then you might need your door hinges replaced.
Contact Powell Garage Doors for Additional Repairs
If you live in or around Utah County, UT, then find Powell Garage Doors for any repairs you need on your garage. Contact us today to set up an appointment or ask any questions you might have about the services and repairs we offer our clients. Remember, you can save money and time by having a professional technician have a look at your garage door than try to fix the problem yourself.